In the day and age we currently live in, mobile app development is EVERYWHERE. Both from a personal and business perspective we are heavily reliant and dependent on mobile technology.
The facts are simple:
- We reach for our mobile phones more than 225 times per day without realizing it!
- Today, over 1 billion people worldwide rely solely on a mobile device for work.
- 100% of consumer facing apps and 75% of enterprise facing apps will be built "mobile first" by 2017.
- Enterprises will invest $61 Billion dollars in mobile apps development by 2018!
- Banking and Financial reports
- News and Sports updates
- Travel and dinner reservations
- Listening to music
- Engaging with Social media
- Online purchases
- GPS and Navigational apps simply to get us to where we need to be
Mobile technology has become the most dominant and impactful industry the world has ever seen!
However, only 20% of all organisations have a full-fledged enterprise mobility strategy whether it be enterprise or consumer facing. This isn’t necessarily a good thing when the statistics show that by 2020 60% of all IT spending and over 100% of IT growth will be driven by either Social, Mobile, Analytics or Cloud. More importantly these same statistics indicate that 25% of all current market leaders will lose their number one spot to a company founded after the year 2000. Why? Because of their willingness and ability to transform alongside the digital age while leveraging digital technologies in a far more intuitive fashion.
So how does an organization effectively enable a mobile strategy that WINS?
Here are four key focus areas you will want to take into account and once defined, building on these will allow you to achieve success in mobile enablement for your organization:
1. Business Transformation
- How can enterprise mobility fundamentally shift your business by changing or creating new ways you deliver products, processes & services?
- How will mobility alter the way you market, sell, service or engage with customers, employees and partners?
2. Digital Experience
- What are your user’s expectations, wants and needs?
- How will mobile create an enjoyable user experience across all mobile touch points and channels that also satisfy your business goals?
- What is the technical architecture and application approach required to support your current and future mobile initiatives?
- What devices and operating systems will be the standard?
- How will you adjust your people, processes and organization into business and IT planning?
- How will both initiatives be evaluated, prioritized and revised on a go forward basis?
Once you have been able to effectively answer these questions as it specifically relates to your organization, industry and consumer base; the next logical question is what to do next and where to start with regards to your mobile strategy?
5 High Level Steps towards a successful strategy:
1. Assess Your Mobile Readiness
- Your mobile strategy should align with your overall business strategy.
- How does mobile relate to your industry vertical and what are your competitors doing in mobile?
- Know your end users and consumers.
2. Assemble Experts & Resources
- Experience is CRITICAL to success in mobile, do you have in house talent or do you need to solicit external talent from a partner?
- Who’s driving mobile enablement in your organization?
- Identify the key stakeholders within your organization.
3. Analyze & Prioritize
- What are the business use cases for mobile, relative to your organization?
- Where will mobile app development enablement be most impactful to your business from a financial and speed to market perspective?
- Identify what your short and long term goals are for mobile across your organization.
4. Define & Disperse
- Ensure the strategy aligns closely with the priorities of the business.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to determine business goals and assess them against your mobile capabilities and objectives to set investment priorities.
- Identify risks and dependencies!
5. Sustain & Improve
- Be strategic instead of tactical.
- Continue to evolve your mobile solutions as mobile technology evolves.
- Monitor the successes of mobile initiatives and their business impacts!
Following these steps and expanding on them as they relate to your organization will be the stepping stone to successfully initiating mobile app development for your organization and ultimately leading to a successful and winning mobile strategy.
To learn about our onsite mobile assessment, head to our website to learn more about how we can help you.
Take our mobile Readiness Survey and learn about how you can achieve a winning mobile strategy.